- Posted on December 30, 2008 | 1 Comment…For 2008 that is… Finally feeling Normal – Las Vegas – New Years – More Panelists on the LIVE Show Try GoToMeeting free for 30 days – No CC needed: GoToMeeting.com/techpodcasts. Get IT Certified – Careersaver.com – 25% off with Code “Geek08″ 877-654-2265 All Show Notes are also on Delicious Podcast: Play in new window | Download (29.7MB)
- Posted on September 25, 2008 | No CommentsAudio Podcast Brought to you by CareerSaver.com – Download FREE Practice Tests. Use Code Geek08 for discounts. The Economy is in Danger. Banks and Institutions are in a financial pickle. With the fall of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac because of bad business decisions and a Blind eye to investors building more homes than Americans need, financial institutions could collapse upon themselves. To protect […]
- Posted on September 4, 2008 | No CommentsOpen Source seems to be a growing movement. Not everything is part of the “GNU General Public License” though. Some have even gone as far to make their own Public License standard. Microsoft does have some Open Source to them, but what would happen if they took their Operating System to that standard? Would people accept the Microsoft OS, or would they finally make […]
- Posted on August 27, 2008 | No CommentsGigaOM’s OM Malik talked with Michael Dell about the company a couple weeks back. Michael made some statements whose predictions at times were no easier than determining Nostradamus’ writings. Yet other websites interpreted it in saying that Dell is hinting on making a phone to rival iPhone. While it’s not an impossibility, will Dell get into the market or are they playing on the […]
- Posted on July 23, 2008 | 3 CommentsDigg grew to a powerhouse site in a very short time. The Popular News Aggregator service continues to be a great place for people to not only read news, but also contribute to what they think is news. Alexa reports that Digg has been fluctuating around the top 100 to 150 sites being viewed. 52.5% of those viewers are in the US. The rumor […]
- Posted on June 5, 2008 | 1 CommentFakes. Throughout time we’ve had to deal with those who want to pass something off as an original. Sometimes we are not fooled. Other times we go years thinking that it’s the real thing until some new technology tells us different. In the last week I’ve seen many fake photos of different items – most notably the Large GPS picture and Windows 7 screenshots. […]
- Posted on April 27, 2008 | No CommentsListen to the Show here Green Gas 3G iPhone Announcement on June 9 Ubuntu 8.04 Released Feature: Getting XP after the cut-off date: Change. Some love to do it, others would like to stay where they are. Sometimes change is needed – newer, faster, more powerful to take over old and un-updatable. Still, within time change happens like it always does in life. Its […]
- Posted on April 11, 2008 | No CommentsI am looking for people that are interested in submitting Geeky articles to the site. Whether it be small blurbs about what’s going on or longer articles outlining something, I welcome all submitters. All submitters will be compensated for their work. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.